Surface Pro/Go Cooling kit add-on
This is an add-on to the Vertical Dock for Surface Pro and Surface Go to deliver active external cooling to minimize CPU and GPU thermal performance throttling.
While peak performance is not improved, sustained performance is far more consistent with external cooling especially for gaming or other 3D-graphics intensive workloads. The fan is aimed along the center of rear chassis where the CPU/GPU is located for maximum cooling effect.Compatible with:
- Surface Pro 3-7+
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 8
- Surface Pro Go 1-3
The upgrade kit Includes:
- 75x15mm blower fan (USB powered)
- USB fan speed controller
- right-angle USB adapter
- mounting bracket with airflow guide
- mounting hardware (nuts and bolts)
- We cannot guarantee any particular performance improvement on your system, but we have observed 20-30% gains in sustained CPU+GPU package power draw when running a Furmark stress test on a Pro 4 Core i5 (9.5W -> 12.5W) at ~20°C ambient temperature . On a Surface Go, sustained package power increased from 6W->8W.
- Fan speed must be adjusted slowly. When the fan speed controller is set to maximum or adjusted quickly, fan noise may increase without additional airflow.
- At full speed, the fan is loud - approaching ~40 dBa, but you only need to run the fan at 30-50% speed to get decent cooling performance.
- The cooler assembly attaches to the Vertical dock with a single rear screw (see photos)
- Take extra care when using the cooling kit in landscape mode as it may be more difficult to Dock and undock your Surface.