Surface Pro Cooling kit [BETA]
This is an add-on to the Pro4/Pro5/Pro6/Pro7 Vertical dock to deliver active external cooling to minimize CPU and GPU performance throttling.
While peak performance is not improved, sustained performance is far more consistent with external cooling especially for Gaming or other 3D-graphics intensive workloads. The fan is aimed towards the center of the Surface Pro where the CPU is located for maximum effect.The upgrade kit Includes:
- 75mm blower fan (USB powered)
- fan speed controller
- right-angle USB 3.0 adapter
- mounting bracket / airflow guide
- mounting hardware (nuts and bolts)
- Given the BETA testing nature, we cannot guarantee any particular performance improvement on your system, but we have observed 20-30% gains in sustained package power draw when running Furmark on a Pro 4 Core i5 (9.5 watts -> 12.5 watts) at 19-20°C ambient temperature.
- Always adjust the fans peed slowly in small increments.
- At full speed, the fan is loud - approaching 36-39 dBa, but you only need to run the fan at 1/3 speed to get decent cooling performance
- When the fan speed controller is set to maximum or adjusted abruptly, fan noise may increase without additional airflow.
- This kit can be used with a Pro 3 or Surface Go but it will be less effective due to air path wire respect to the CPU location
- The cooler assembly attaches to the vertical dock with a single screw (see photos)
- For landscape mounting, the lower position long bar must be removed and replaced with the short bar.
- We do not stock inventory of this part - these are custom/made-to-order parts so expect delays on shipping
- Detailed performance testing feedback including video, performance data logging (Cinebench, Furmark, 3DMark, etc.) is highly valued and may be rewarded with free products or product rebates