Surface Pro Cooling kit [BETA]
This is an add-on to the Pro4/Pro5/Pro6/Pro7 Vertical dock to deliver active external cooling to minimize CPU and GPU performance throttling.
While peak performance is not improved, sustained performance is far more consistent with external cooling especially for Gaming or other 3D-graphics intensive workloads. The fan is aimed towards the center of the Surface Pro where the CPU is located for maximum effect.
The upgrade kit Includes:
- 75mm blower fan (USB powered)
- fan speed controller
- right-angle USB 3.0 adapter
- mounting bracket / airflow guide
- mounting hardware (nuts and bolts)
- Given the BETA testing nature, we cannot guarantee any particular performance improvement on your system, but we have observed 20-30% gains in sustained package power draw when running Furmark on a Pro 4 Core i5 (9.5 watts -> 12.5 watts) at 19°C ambient temperature.
- At full speed, the fan is quite loud - approaching 36-39 dBa, but you only need to run the fan at 1/3 speed to get decent cooling performance
- This kit is not intended to be used with a Pro 3 or Surface Go
- You must detach the type cover from your Surface prior to docking
- For landscape mode, the lower position long bar must be removed and replaced with the short bar
- The fan may make it difficult to Dock the Surface in Landscape/Horizontal mode
- We do not stock inventory of this part - these are custom/made-to-order parts so expect delays on shipping
- Performance testing feedback is highly valued and may be rewarded with free products or product rebates