$1.99 USD - $4.99 USD
To use a 3rd-party USB-C hub with a Vertical Dock instead of the Microsoft brand docking electronics, you need one of these adapters and a bottom cover plate.
Right-angle (old style) adapters work with:
- Surface Go 1-3
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7/7+ (older Vertical Dock with front-facing cutout only)
Right-angle (TB4 compatible) adapters work with:
- Surface Pro 8-9
- Surface Laptop Studio
Straight-through (TB4 compatible) adapters work with:
- Surface Book 2-3
- Surface Pro 7/7+ (Vertical Dock with bottom facing cutout only)
- Surface Pro 8/9 (optional upgrade)
- Surface Laptop Studio (optional upgrade)
- For installation on a Vertical Dock, you MUST use with a bottom cover plate (available from the parts page) otherwise they won't fit properly.
- Using two USB-C connectors together or USB-C alongside the Microsoft connector will make docking more difficult and is not recommended for frequent docking and un-docking.
- None of the USB-C adapters are USB-IF certified therefore performance and safety cannot be guaranteed. However, the TB4-compatible adapters have been tested on TB4 docks with 100W power delivery and 40Gb/s bandwidth with external GPU and external SSDs.