To use a 3rd-party USB-C hub with a Vertical Dock instead of the Microsoft brand docking electronics, you need one of these adapters and a bottom cover plate.
Which adapter to order?
- Surface Go/Go2 - rIght-angle
- Surface Pro X - right-angle
- Surface Book2/Book3 - straight through
- Surface Pro 7/7+ - straight through (older Vertical Dock models with a front-facing cutout require the right-angle adapter
- You MUST install with a bottom cover plate (available from the parts page) to use these adapters. They won't fit unless installed with a bottom cover plate.
- For Pro 7 and Go/Go2 models, we do not recommend using both the Microsoft Dock and USB-C adapters together as it will make docking and un-docking difficult due to the tight fitment.